How to Report?
- Sidewalks that are broken, blocked, missing water meter covers, hazardous utility wires, and so forth.
- Graffiti on Public Property: Hot Line (404) 546-4288 or eMail
- Code Compliance for housing code violations, damaged/deteriorated structures, overgrown lots, trash, debris, illegal dumping and abandoned vehicles. Officer, Tanya Mitchell. (404) 330-6190. You can also open a complaint and track its status yourself here.
- Illegal dumping in process: call 911
- Trash and bulk waste piles on the public right-of-way call the Department of Public Works at (404) 333-6333.
- Street lights that are out or dim can be reported to Georgia Power.
- Water leak call Customer Service (404) 658-6500
- Sewer Maintenance – Public Works Services Dial (404) 65-WORKS (404 659-6757)
- Traffic signals, street markings and other transportation issues contact Raymond Gaudy – Public Works, Office of Transportation (404) 330-6501 ×5308
- Safe Houses for battered women or children, and abandoned children is provided at City of Atlanta community fire station 4 or any other fire station.
- Trees: Arborist for City of Atlanta, Dave Tashin 404-330-6077 for enforcement of tree ordinances on private property. Tree problems on public land should be reported to City of Atlanta Parks Department at Customer Service (404) 546-6813
What is the Alcohol License Process?
In order to operate a business dealing in alcohol, you must have a local alcohol license, a State alcohol license, and a Federal Basic Permit. Georgia is a local option license state, which means the local licenses must be issued before the State may issue a license or permit. The City of Atlanta requires that all persons desiring to obtain a alcohol license should acquire the approved application from the Licenses and Permits Unit of the Atlanta Police Department License Review Board(LRB). The required NPU M approval is via the Liquor License Process. Information regarding approvals from the State of Georgia can be found here.